Saturday, June 25, 2011

Daily 5 - Read to Someone

13/07/12 - I've now changed this pack to be called Buddy Reading so that it is not specific to the Daily 5 program. 

I'm very excited because I've just added a new item to TpT . I've collated all my Buddy Reading/Read to Someone (part of The Daily 5) files which I've made over this year. All of this is included: 

It has 3 prompt cards or bookmarks for partners while doing Buddy Reading: 
 
1. Coaching bookmark for when a partner is stuck on a word


2. Check mark (double-sided) in color and black and white with a check on one side and prompts on the other to Check for Understanding


3. Two types of fluency checkers when readers reread passages and their partner rates them with smilely faces as to how they have improved (it can also be used for self-assessment)

The pack also has:
  • 32 Discussion Prompt task cards + 4 blank ones to make your own (or just email me and I'll add them).
  • Buddy Reading Discussion Starters
  • Buddy Reading Discussion Prompts to help readers give more information (as a poster and 2 to-a-page.
  • Buddy Reading Poster
  • Buddy Reading E.E.K.K. poster
  • How to Buddy Read poster
  • Buddy Reading Stamina Graph

 You can check it out here.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the ideas! I am just starting to use the Daily 5 and CAFE this year and I am really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with implementing it! I highly recommend it and the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "read to someone stuff!" I have combined all my beanie baby accuracy and comprehension strategies with the CAFE. Plus I have made new beanie strategies to go with Fluency and Expanding Vocabulary i.e. Reading Roadster -for reading rates. I have smart board lessons to go with each goal and the strategies to acvhieve these goals. The kids and parents love them plus I have had the best progress in reading this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.
    I will remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the
    foreseeable future. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your
    great writing, have a nice morning!
    Also visit my web blog ... piano lessons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!
    My website - erinmore pipe tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a
    very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit
    more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Superb work!
    Also visit my webpage boligityrkia.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is among the most significant information for me.
    And i'm glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
    Here is my web site - van nelle tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers however this piece of writing is really a nice article,
    keep it up.
    Here is my blog ... diablo 3 guide

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!
    My site how to get rid of man boobs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...