Friday, July 08, 2011

Classroom Jobs

I was reading over at Curls and a Smile about her job board. I believe classroom jobs are essential for a class to run smoothly. I expect students to take responsibility for their job and to do it independently.

I downloaded my jobs board from Fresher Schools website. I loved the theme and thought why reinvent the wheel! The board doesn't have the purple around it - it's just a pic from their website since I don't have a photo of mine.
 It comes with these cute bees which are editable - I just type in the names of my students and print off.
 
The jobs are on hexagonal shapes. I arrange it to look like the honeycomb cells in a beehive. They are also editable so you can add any jobs you like. I use the hook and loop sticky things to stick the names on the cell and each fortnight I just swap over the names. I randomly draw names and assign to the next job on the chart- this way the favourites aren't taken first all the time. The students are really happy with this as they think it is fair. I never have any problems with students not wanting to do a job.
Some of the jobs I have are:
  • Line leader x 2
  • Line ender x 2 (we walk in two lines)
  • Sports Monitor- I have a bag of sports equipment that the monitor signs out to students who want it
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Teacher Helper x2 - helps pass out papers/pick up papers and generally lend a hand
  • Homework Monitor
  • Floor Patrol
  • Librarian 
  • Seating Chart monitor (moves pegs with names down a chart to rotate the favourite seating options for reading)
  • Computer Technician - checks that they are turned on and off, that they are left neat and tidy after use
  • Tuckshop Monitor - takes the tuckshop box and goes and get it at lunch time.
You can download these job labels on the Fresher Schools website here.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am so excited about this!! I have been looking for a new bee themed helper chart, and couldn't find one until YOU! Awesome!! Thank you for sharing!!

    p.s. I'd love you to join our parent involvement linky party and share your great ideas :)

    Mrs. Bee
    Bee's KinderGarden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the linky party over at my website about the classroom jobs. Come join!
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining my linky party! I love these job signs..I think I need to make some Hollywood themed ones for my classroom! Come check out my 200 follower giveaway!
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...