Sunday, October 23, 2011

Daily Materials Organisation Linky Party

I admit it - I am extremely forgetful. I always have so much running through my head that I place things down and forget where I put them. I've tried to use these drawers
 
to place things in for Monday to Friday - but I still misplace the copying I just did or the newsletters I was supposed to hand out (we don't have cubbies inside our classrooms) and find I randomly place things down anywhere when I'm distracted!

I also forget where I put my 'lippy' (my raspberry chapstick I can't live without as my lips get so dry) and to do the roll both morning and afternoon. This has led to a couple of silly jobs in my room. There's 'Liam the Lippy Locator' and 'Ryan the Role Reminder'!! There's a chorus of 'Not agaaaain Miss Craaasee' whenever I lose my lippy! I also have a problem of  dropping or accidentally throwing markers (I have a tendency to talk with my hands) but that's another story!

Because this is an area I REALLY need to improve in, I thought I'd host my first linky party. PLEASE be kind and link up with what works for you! I feel like I'm a TERRIBLE example for my student teacher so I'd love to implement some changes over the last 3 weeks she is with me. 

Please link up on how you organise/file or where do you place daily materials like copying, newsletters, materials for literacy and math centers and even daily/weekly plans and miscellaneous supplies? If you have a way to stop me from losing my lippy, I'd love to know as well!! :)





3 comments:

  1. I got tickled when I read this post! I laugh, because I am the same way. My poor student teacher just laughs at me! I have a student (you know the one--the one that knows where everything is except for his math book!!!) who always knows where I've stashed the misplaced object! I don't know if we can "fix" our little problem. I've been this way since childhood. My mom's go-to phrase was, "You'd lose your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders!" Good luck--and I'll be checking out the linky party (I have no idea how to do that yet!) to get some good ideas.

    Lisa

    Live Laugh and Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post totally threw me back down memory lane to the famous M-F cart posts on PT!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    Stop by & visit.

    ❤ Mor ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one Lisa! My student teacher saved me today - I had put my keys down on the rack underneath the big book whiteboard stand. I couldn't find them later to lock up at the end of the day and she was able to tell me straight away. She said she saw me put them there as I was talking to the class and new I'd never be able to find them later! Ha! I would never have looked there!

    Thanks for following Mor - I also follow you! Hope the formal observation goes well!

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...