Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm free at last, I'm free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last!

School is finally over! I loved my kiddos this year (though some were quite trying at times....) but I am really glad the year is over. I have felt S.T.R.E.S.S.E.D. out big time. I didn't get to sit down or eat yesterday (clean up day). I had 16 of my 25 kids show up even though I begged suggested that they might want to stay home and start the holidays early. So I had to try and keep them occupied while cleaning out and packing away the class (I'm also moving to the class next door... so I mean PACK!). 

I was fortunate enough to have a mum volunteer to help with the clean up! Turned out great since while we were outside scrubbing tidy trays, the teacher who is moving into my room, was moving all his stuff in. Now, this wasn't a problem, but I didn't want it dumped in the room since we have to move EVERYTHING (besides desks) out of the classroom and into the small kitchen between the classroom. I didn't want to have to move it later. So, thankfully, I was there to oversee that. 

So after a day of scrubbing tidy trays, chairs and desks, pulling down the remaining posters, wiping dust of bookshelves, packing up my office (man, was that a HUGE task), stacking desks, cleaning walls, moving shelves and every other bit of furniture into the kitchen (not to mention keeping 16 friends occupied and cleaning), I was one tired gal!

Tomorrow I head off camping for a week and I have absolutely nothing planned for my blog even though I know there is the scheduled post thingy. Hopefully, after a bit of R and R, I'll be back blogging with a vengeance! Thanks for sticking with me!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo, enJOY your break! We're in for one more week in Texas and have TONS of stuff planned to keep our little elves busy, busy, busy!!!

    Happy camping and relaxing. Sending smiles from the south,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you from snowy, cold, wintery Michigan! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait.... a bit confused :) if I'm reading correctly your actual school year is over in December?!?!?! JEALOUS!!!!! Enjoy your break!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on all of this - Yr 3 teacher in Qld, moving to Yr 1 next year - so feel your PAIN!!! Luckily, one of my Mum's fronted up with a water blaster, took all tidy trays and chairs outside, and did her bit on them. Now they look like brand new chairs. Downside is that these won't be for me next year (sad face:(). Are you looking forward to the new Curriculum???? Well, enjoy your break. Just think, no playground duties or staff meetings for 5 weeks - that is the real bonus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am so glad I found your blog! I am also a teacher and started my blog Learning4kids 4 months ago and have been searching for other 'aussie' teaching blogs! Hooray, there are others out there! :) Congratulations on finishing the school year, it is always a nice relief when it is all over. Enjoy your break and I look forward to following! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back from camping! Wow, did I need that break.

    Barbara and Holly, thanks for your kind messages. Hope you are also on holidays to enjoy the snow! I've once had a 'White' Christmas'- it hailed on Christmas Eve :D

    Yes, Mor Zrihen, the school year is over here so we are on our big break before returning to school at the end of January.

    Doobee64 - oooh Year 1, that'd scare me! Year 2 is the lowest I think I'd go. But think, no more NAPLAN! You'll have the Net though... The new curriculum, hmmmm.I think it'll be great to have it consistent across the country. It looks like there is a lot there so I'm not sure how we are going to cover it! We've also got a new timetable, like highschool. Not fussed on that, no time for homework for example. Will have to wait and see!

    Janice - I have also been looking for other Aussie bloggers - there's not many of us out there! I'm your newest follower!

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...