Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tagged!

It's Sunday. It's 4:30pm and already getting dark because the weather is dismal. The sky is blanketed with clouds and there's a constant drizzle of rain. If I wasn't going back to school tomorrow, it would be the perfect day for a Harry Potter movie marathon... or Star Wars... or LOTR.... or Twilight... You wouldn't believe it, but a few years ago I detested fantasy and sci-fi books and movies. Then, I saw Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and fell in love, so I read the books. Next came LOTR, and once again I had to read the books. I haven't read any Star Wars books (and don't plan to) but I just love the fantasy and sci-fi movie genres now.

I really don't know how I just go onto that but it's typed, so I'll keep it! What I'd planned to do was finally say thank you to 2 bloggers that tagged me recently: Melly at Stapler's Strategies and Jennifer at Herding Kats in Kindergarten. Thanks ladies, and sorry it has taken me so long to answer your questions!

First up, Melly's 10 questions: 

1. How many grades have you taught during your career? 2 (6th and 2nd)
2. Are you where you'd like to stay until retirement? No - I prefer to teach Grades 3-6.
3. What do you think about the new Common Core Curriculum? N/A
4. How many students do you have in your class this year? 25
5. Has the number of students grown in the past couple of years? No. I had 28 when I taught Grade 6, but I've had 23-25 each year in Grade 2, depending on new arrivals/kids who leave.
6. What is your favorite lesson/subject to teach? That's hard! Reading, writing, math, science. I don't like teaching SOSE, health, art.
7. What is your favorite classroom management strategy? I'm starting a clip chart system - so I'm hoping that will be my new fav!
8. How many teachers at your grade level in your school? 6
9. How many students in the school where you teach? Heaps - we are a Prep-12 school.
10. Do you teach in a public or private school? Public. 

Next up, Jennifer's questions: 
1. What show are you most looking forward to watching next fall? I don't have any idea what new shows will be airing.... I do have my favs though: Bones, Castle, Big Bang Theory
2. Share a picture of your favorite pet. This is Ranger when he was a little puppy.
3. If you couldn't teach any more, what would you do instead? I'd LOVE to be a stay-at-home mum. It's one of my biggest regrets that I wasn't able to stay at home with my boy. He's 12 now though, so I'd probably have to think of another career if I left teaching.
4. What's the one thing you have to do each morning before going to school or your day is ruined? Have a coffee - otherwise I'll be turn into Miss Grumpy Pants.
5. Do you snack while blogging? Post a picture of your snack of choice if you do! Not usually, but I am eating an Easter egg at the moment.
6. If you could spend an entire day doing anything you wanted without having to worry about housekeeping or teaching stuff piling up, what would you do? Early morning swim at the beach, followed by a cafe lunch, an adventure climbing afternoon, followed by a massage and facial, a lovely dinner and a romantic evening with my (non-existent) boyfriend!
7. If you could bring back any canceled show. what would it be? Heroes. I loved that show!
8. Do you teach with themes? If so, list the themes you have left to teach this year. We are doing what our new national curriculum tells us, not sure off the top of my head.
9. What is your least favorite thing to teach? SOSE.
10. If you could eliminate one pet peeve in your classroom, what would it be? Tattling!

Thanks again ladies! I'll go search now for blogs who haven't been tagged yet!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! I love learning more about my bloggy friends! :)

    ✿.。.☆♪♫*❤*Melly*❤*☆.。.✿

    stapelrsstrategies@gmail.com

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to tell you that Custom Blog Designs did my blog too! Thank you for your great ideas! I am new to blogger and I am loving it! If you are interested in integrating technology into your classroom, maybe you could stop by my blog! I am your newest follower!

    Thank you,
    Mindy

    iintegratetechnology@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...