Saturday, September 29, 2012

Free 2D Shapes Game

I'm feeling pretty sad today because tomorrow we are halfway through our spring holidays :( I can't wait to get back and start using some of the great resources I've downloaded lately, but since it's our last term for the school year, I know it's going to be BUSY! 

I'm trying to create resources that I think I'll need to help reduce my workload during the term. This is one of them:
A simple game to review 2D shapes. You can download it at TpT, TN or TM (if you are in Australia) for free. Please consider leaving feedback if you download. 

I'm looking to make one with 3D shapes as well. Do you know where I get get some good 3D shape clip art from? I've seen some nice ones, but I do want to be able to see the through the shape to see all edges and vertices if you know what I mean. I really like this set by Ginger Snaps but I want to have triangular prisms as well. This set by Shanyn of Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists is AWESOME, but I can't see through it to see the edges and vertices at the back of the shape. Both these sets combined would be PERFECT! If you know of any, please leave a comment! 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zRCNYv9hktM/T9-D9yCw9qI/AAAAAAAAHDc/4u-h5B7uNRI/s1600/freebie-friday-TBA.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Do you have the patience to create your own in Inkscape? You can then save it as bitmap png image and it will be transparent. :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used Inkscape...and I probably don't have the patience to work it out! I think I'll just go with your pack since it has all the shapes I want to use in it. It doesn't matter too much that they won't be able to see all of the edges and vertices.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this freebie, Kylie! It looks like a wonderful and fun way of reviewing 2 D shapes! Can't wait to use it in the classroom. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend:)
    Tina
    Good Morning Mrs Rubie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, I have some kids who can't remember names of shapes so I'm hoping this will help!

      Delete
  3. Another fabulous freebie! Thanks Kylie. I pinned this and it has been repinned over 100 times!

    Enjoy your week off!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, thanks Alison, that's too kind! One more week to go :(

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'm sharing your blog link with my FB fans! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you DeAnne! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. Hi,
    I love your products and have used lots in my classroom. I was wondering if you have any great ideas for gifts children could make at school for parent Christmas presents at the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you sure are thinking ahead! This year I think I'm going to replicate a give that was given to me last year from a girl who was in my class. She had decorated a small glass jar with star stickers and attached a nice label. She had written little notes about what she loved about me on paper, curled them and popped them in the jar. Appearantly, she had gone home each day for a couple of weeks and thought about what I'd said or done during the day that made her feel special. It was a really sweet gift that I think would be great to give to parents as well! Hope this helps!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Thanks! I'm linked up and am your newest follower!
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    play diepio website

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...