Saturday, November 03, 2012

November Currently

Big Brother - have never really liked it but I have been watching a little this season... Have no particular favourite to win though. 

After some really hot days lately, I'm lovin' the cooler days. 

I am soooo behind in my marking. Reports are open for us to start in week 6 so need to get a move on. Does anyone else use OneSchool for their reports? So much faster than using Word however we are restricted with our comments (we can only use comments that we have uploaded to the comment bank in One School - we can't actually even click on the box to add in our own little sneaky comment!). 

I find it really hard to find nice comfy flats in size 5. I'm usually size 5-6 but size 6 flats tend to fall off my feet when walking :(

I've had the same haircut for years... I feel like I should branch out and try something new. 

Music - I don't really listen to music. The music I listen to tends to be from the 60-80's!! The only current song I know at the moment is that Ooben Gongen Star or whatever it is (I know that from the Big Brother ads! - that ad was sooo hilarious, loved it!). When driving I tend to have the radio off and talk to my boy. So don't have a fav song at the moment. 

Link up with the lovely Farley with your Currently!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie! I found you over at Farleys! I think it's so cool that you're from Australia! I too, am at assessment time, and it's always a bit craaazyy!
    Good to chat with you again!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Amy! I wish I could fast foward the next few weeks until AFTER reports are done!

      Delete
  2. I am not at assessment time and it is still CRAY CRAY... when does it end... SUMMER maybe??? thanks so much for linking up and I say go for it... get a new haircut... be brave it is hair and it grows back... and who knows it could be the cutest thing eva!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll do it.... the only problem is I can't style hair, the most I can do is put it in a pony tail and attach a clip! It will have to be a very easy to maintain style!! Thanks for dropping by Farley!

      Delete
  3. Assessments do not sound like fun. We just finished ours up for the nine weeks' period. I am also thinking of a new haircut, but I am not sure what to do. Sometimes the status quo is just so much easier! Good luck on finding a new haircut!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, hopefully I find the cutest little hair do soon! I hope you find something for your hair too!

      Delete
  4. I've had the same haircut for years. How can one get brave enough to change it up? Can't wait to see what you went for. Good luck with the assessments!
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take courage to get a whole new style! I might chicken out, but hopefully something new and fresh will take my fancy and look fantastic! :)

      Kylie
      Down Under Teacher

      Delete
  5. I'm the same way! I feel sick to my stomach whenever I get my haircut because I hate change. I am so stuck in my boring hair ways!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so hard and since I'm hopeless with hair I need something really simple to maintain.

      Delete
  6. Hey Kylie,
    I have cut my hair and grown it out again about 3 times over the last 10 -12 years, go for the haircut! I think QLD is the only state that uses OneSchool, in NSW each school can use whatever reporting format they want, I know OneSchool has it's little quirks but after using many different report formats and programs I LIKE OneSchool. Our Dept "upgraded" our system the other week and now the program my school uses won't open, so no idea when I will be able to start my reports ):
    Best of luck with yours
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful news - the last thing you want is to have to rush your reports! I hope it gets sorted out for you soon. Two years ago we actually had to post out reports and classes for the following year because of delays in admin (teachers had them done by week 8).

      Delete
  7. I was thinking of a haircut today... I think it's fun to give it a change every now and again... I am a new follower to your blog!
    Lovely Literacy & More
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Brittany! I'll go and check out your blog!

      Delete
  8. Our reports are due soon, too. Yuck! That's the only thing about teaching I don't like :)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, we are heading into assessments and then report cards right before we go off for christmas break. We are feeling cool and I'm loving it, but aren't you getting warmer in Australia? My bff lives there. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...