Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Preparing for Back to School Day 2

Here's what my second day plans look like so far. I must say, these plans are looking a bit different to past years. I have usually started Read to Self on Day 1 but haven't been able to fit it in yet. It will definitely be included for Day 3 though!
Once again there's some links to some files that I'm using. I haven't put in the plans some individual student assessments I'll be doing whenever I get a minute when the kids are working (like alphabet/sounds checklists). I'll be looking at the kids portfolios from Prep when I go back in to see what the their past teachers have included and then go from there. 

I did these plans very quickly so they are flexible. I might end up changing things. I'd love to hear what you are planning to do!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,

    I've just finished looking at your plans...wow you're so organised. I think that you will have so much fun with Year 1, but boy do those little ones make you tired!

    I'm looking forward to reading how your first few days go ;-)

    Cheers
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I know I'll be busy setting up next week and I'm always EXHAUSTED the first few weeks back so I'm trying to get a little ahead.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kylie

    Just a quick note that Rosie's Walk is one of the books you'll look at over the course of about a week (if C2C is anything to go by!!) in the second unit I think it is - when doing retells. C2C uses most of the books over a whole week in year 1 (and perhaps they do in year 2 as well; I'm not sure), so the kids can get a little bored.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I might change that then... I actually haven't looked at the C2C units in depth because we don't have to follow the lesson plans - just the objectives so that's all I've been using. We also aren't doing all the units, and the one we're working on is retells (we are only doing 1 English unit per term). I might have to go and look at the lesson plans, might save me some work! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. No worries. I like that you're only doing one English unit per term. The other year 1 unit is emotions if I remember correctly, so that is always something that can be discussed in books anyway as you go along. I had never heard of Rosie's Walk before teaching year 1 but it's such a cute book! I am sure you will have a great time doing the retells. Some of the books are good fun.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...