Sunday, February 03, 2013

First Week and Sale


Sorry I didn't get my Day 4 plays up, I didn't have any reason to make them. You know how it is, things end up taking a bit longer than expected or you throw other things in on the spur of the moment, so on Friday I ended up completing the things left over from earlier in the week. I did add one activity though - making Peacemaker/Peacebreaker Davids - I LOVE the David books by David Shannon and the kids enjoy making the craft on Friday. The templates can be picked up in Julie Lee's TpT store.

I had a pretty good week with my new firsties. They are little chatterboxes though and I have one howler crier.  He howled cried most of the day every day. As soon as he  walked in the door, he cried. He made a mistake in his work and needed an eraser, he howled cried. He didn't know how to spell a word he howled cried. By Friday he was better though and he actually raised his hand and said he couldn't cut very well while making our David's (earlier in the week he would have just sat there and howled cried) and with encouragement he had a go and didn't break down. The poor thing is new the school and country but he has done 2 years of school in New Zealand. Hopefully next week is better!

I've also got 2 special little cherubs who are both intellectually impaired and one also has global development disorder, so basically his whole development is severely delayed. I've been told he is operating at around a 2 year olds development. I have lots of classroom support and he is withdrawn for an hour 2 days a week and 1.5 hours another 2 days, but I also have a lot of time without any aide support. I look forward to learning how to accommodate his needs this year. If you have any suggestions, I 'd love to hear from you!

You've probably also heard of the TpT sale on the 3rd. My store is 20% off and you can enter code SUPER at checkout to receive an additional 10% off the reduce price. I'm also running a 20% off sale at Teachers Notebook. Check out the My Products link at the top of my blog to check out most of my products. 

     
 
       

                    

8 comments:

  1. After meeting my BEAUTIFUL 2s this week, I feel I need to add your word family packets to my wishlist! Can't wait to see more :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's no good! I feel for you! I'll need the packs for some of my students but a good chunk of mine are past the simple word families. I can't wait to read about how your first week went :)

      Delete
    2. I have photos! I'm finishing off my plan for the week and then I'll do a post tonight :) Not all of them need them but a few will benefit from them. I'm looking forward to the big sale!!!

      Delete
    3. I love photos, can't wait to see them! I'm also planning for the week, I'm so over it! Just not feeling it this week! I have my cart overflowing for when the sale starts. Hopefully it goes as well as last time :D

      Delete
  2. I can sympathise with the crier and the chatterboxes (I've got them, too!). Maybe we can trade notes, this year!

    Glad to hear that your week went well. I'm looking forward to having my kiddos for a full week to get more of a feeling of their capabilities. I spent a bit of time at school organising my room this weekend, and have some photos - including your Monster Calendar Cards! I'll have to post them later this week.

    Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stef, I look forward to hearing about your first week and seeing your class photos! I hope you did well at the sale too!

      Delete
  3. I have a howler too :( Thanks for making me laugh about it... it was a tough week. I am sure we will both win them over! Love your mini-beast math packet planning this as a future purchase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is yours going Bec? Mine is still going most days. Today it was because he didn't have a fruit snack and later because he couldn't find his yellow dot (literacy) book. I asked him to take out his tidy tray (like I do everytime) and it was right on top with the big yellow dot right there. Seriously, this kid needs some coping skills! Hope your howler is doing better than mine!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...