Monday, August 25, 2014

Student Book Boxes

Many, many, many Aussie teachers have emailed or asked on here where I got my student book boxes from. I actually got them from Really Good Stuff in the U.S. however I had to set up an account at Shipito.com to get them shipped here to Australia. I love how I can get things from companies that don't ship to Australia by using shipito!


 Don't you just love how they add some brightness to the room?


I was recently contact by Elizabeth Richards School Supplies who informed me that they have started to supply some here!
http://www.elizabethrichards.com.au/products.php?product=NEW!-Plastic-Book-and-Storage-Bins-&theme=newproductthemeclr 
I only wish they came in other colours - these are nice but wish there was a pink or purple and lighter blue and green to fit in with my colour scheme! 

The good news is that it ends up being HEAPS cheaper! For a little more than what I paid just in POSTAGE you can get a class set for! What is even better - they will last you years. Mine are one of the best investments I've made for my classroom.

They also have an amazing offer on their regular cardboard book boxes. They are usually $3.59 each but are only $1.95 if you order 100 or more by the 31st October. They'll be delivered at the beginning of Term 1 next year. This might be an option those of you who haven't used book boxes before and want to try them out first. You could team up with some of your teaching buddies and have them ready to go for next year. 

On an unrelated note, I think he could definitely change my mind, haha!

15 comments:

  1. Bahaha! You're hilarious Kylie! Love your book bins. I tried to look into shipto once and got scared off at the effort it was to set up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't go through with it too Shanyn, but I wanted the book bins more, haha! So easy now that it is set up :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE these! I am definitely going to look into getting them shipped over here, Thanks so much for sharing!
    Chantelle
    Miss Jacobs' Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I'd do without mine, definitely a worthwhile investment :)

      Delete
  3. Many thanks for share the book boxes. I have to some blue color box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie, how do you organise your books in your book boxes. I couldn't quite see in the photos. Does each child have their own book box, or are they levelled, or themed? I agree, they look fantastic!!! I love the colours of yours.
    Kylie M
    http://ripperresources.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, each child gets their own book box so they can choose books from anywhere else in the room to add for their own personal reading. I do have other tubs that have different themed books (Readers, Dr Seuss, Fly Guy etc), racks with current themed books, phonics readers and chapter books. Most of my books are stored alphabetically by author surname though to keep it consistent with the school library.

      Delete
  5. p.s. You are so lucky to have such great storage shelves for your book boxes too - they fit perfectly!!! Did the school supply them?
    Kylie M
    Ripper Reading Resources
    http://ripperresources.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my school supplied the bookshelves. We get 3 or 4 in each classroom. The ones in my room have wheels too, so easy to move around :)

      Delete
  6. How much did the shipping cost if you don't mind me asking. They look so bright and beautiful I want them :)
    Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From memory, I think it was about $100 to ship.... I'm so glad I paid for it though, they are in their third year now and are still going strong!

      Delete
  7. Hi there, I have looked on the really good stuff sight and wondered if you knew the dimensions for their picture book boxes, I notice you have the chapter book ones. I am after some boxes to but the kids larger scrapbooks in that wont topple over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I'm not sure of the dimensions of their picture book boxes or if the ones I have would fit scrapbooks without falling over. You might want to check out Elizabeth Richards too. They are an Australian site (if you're in Oz) and I recently saw an email from them saying that they were getting bigger boxes.

      Delete
  8. Also how do you set up a shipit account

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set mine up a few years ago, I can't remember the steps exactly, but I'm sure I just followed the prompts! Sorry I can't help any more!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...