Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Months, Days of the Week and Ordinals freebie

Thanks again to everyone for your kind comments, I've felt much better the last few days. 

I've fallen way behind in posting freebie things I've made over the past month or so. Here's a couple of things I made during the first weeks of school when we looked at time (days, months, calendars, ordinals). 

The first file has these cute Monster Calendar cards. We were loving monsters at the time as we had just been doing The Day A Monster Came to School activities. We ordered the months, learned and sang a months of the year song and each student was given an ordinal card which they had to match to the appropriate month.
 
You can grab the file in Google Docs by clicking on the image below. 
  We had also made a picture graph of our birthdays and made a proper birthday board with cupcakes and candles (no pic) that will stay up all year.
I also made up some simple, black and white cards to add to this board. I just glued them to coloured paper and laminated. The kids were able to visit this board and answer the questions. Click on either picture below to grab the cards.

Hopefully I'll be back soon to share other things I've made recently.

8 comments:

  1. These are great~thanks so much for sharing. My kinders are having trouble with questions about the days of the week, even though we do it every single day!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute. We have been doing calendar work at the beginning of the year too.
    I have made a couple of simple assessments for the Year 2 Maths Australian Curriculum - matching months to seasons
    And we have made a cross-curricular link to the Arnhem land seasons too ( as well as RE too because we are a Catholic school). I will link to this post when I get around to writing my post. I am supposed to be cleaning my house this morning ;-)

    Jane
    The Learning Curve

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great thankyou!!. I have just caught up on your last blog entry. Glad to hear that you are feeling better! We are on the downhill run now for what has been one of the most difficult terms for most Qld teachers. I just want to thank you for your honesty. It is great to read a blog that describes the good and the bad. Life in the classroom is not all sunshine and laughter and that's OK! We can't celebrate the highs if we don't acknowledge the lows. I am predicting that at the end of the year you will be able to look back at your post of first term with amazement at how far your students have come. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the fabulous monster calendar resource. I am a Year One Teacher in Brisbane and we are currently exploring a monster literacy unit as well as learning our months of the year and ordinal numbers so this is perfect! Just noticed a typo with 12th- Twelfth ordinal number.
    I teach in a BCE school so we don't have the C2C to follow although the new curriculum is still keeping us busy. Enjoy the rest of Term 1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments ladies, I'm glad you can use the things I've posted.

    Libby, I've fixed up the typo! So sorry!! I didn't even notice it when I used these for lessons... shows how tired I've been I guess! If you click on the link again, it'll take you to the updated file.

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks Kylie! Even teachers make mistakes!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...