Saturday, May 11, 2013

Simple Mother's Day Craft

Thanks to Pinterest, we were able to make this cute bookmarks for our mums this year. 
 
I didn't get any photos of ours but they turned out really cute! We backed them on pale blue card and laminated them.

We also made these cutie patootie flower bouquets using our hand prints! Our classroom looked so bright with these sitting on our desks! Super cheap and easy to make - simply trace 6 hand prints (my kiddies chose whether they wanted to mix colours or use all the same), cut out, roll up and sticky tape to a straw. Tape all 6 'stems' together and wrap in tissue paper with ribbon. We also glued down a heart. I saw this idea on Pinterest, but can't find the link :(

I've taken a photo of each student and one of the whole class holding their flowers. I'm sending off a Smilebox Sunday morning with our flower photos to wish our mum's a happy Mother's Day. 

I have to say y'all (I've always wanted to say that!), this was so simple and cheap to put together! I had all the items on hand and just bought some more ribbon in case I ran out. Simple but oh-so-cute!

To all the mum's out there, I hope you have a wonderful day! My son woke me up with breakfast in bed this morning, not realising that Mother's Day is not until Sunday! I'm looking forward to it again tomorrow!

14 comments:

  1. You're lucky... A double breakfast in bed! What a sweet son you have! I love the Mother's Day ideas you shared... the bouquets are gorgeous!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by Jess. I can smell pancakes being cooked at the moment. I just couldn't sleep in today to have it in bed, I was so exhausted last night I went to bed super early. It looks like rain today so may not go out but spend some family time indoors. The kids loved the bouquets too!

      Delete
  2. Such cute Mom's Day ideas!

    Drop by my blog and join my count-down linky. Then take a peek at the Mom's Day video I discovered.

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you have school's finished already! We are not even half way through the year so no count down for us! :( What a special video, thanks for sharing it!

      Delete
  3. Simple...but wonderful! Your blog rocks! Stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, great blog! You post so often, I wish I had the energy for that! I look forward to following along.

      Delete
  4. Now why didn't I find this Before Mother's Day!! Simple and Fun...thanks for sharing. From one Aussie teacher to another Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I clicked on your profile and see you have a blog, I'm now following along! Your class looks really bright and organised. I used whole brain teaching last year when I was out of ideas for the class I had and it really worked. I look forward to seeing what you get up to. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

      Delete
  5. These look terrific, Kylie! I bet the kids enjoyed making them and presenting the their Mums!! We made sun catchers and writing paper sets. Sparkles Jody
    http://landofthelittlelearners.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody, they sure did love giving the flowers to their mum. I love your heart sun catcher idea as well! I've pinned that idea for next year.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the flowers! I must remember that next year!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, they were so simple to make (and I had a wonderful student teacher to do the wrapping with the tissue paper!).

      Delete
  7. What adorable Mother's Day projects!! I love the handprint flower bouquets! I have never seen those before and that is such an adorable idea!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I saw them once on Pinterest, I'm very suprised they hadn't been pinned more often because they are cute! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...