Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Play-Doh storage for Word Work

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I've just signed up with Bloglovin. Click on the button above or in my side bar to follow me there!


Last week one of my teacher aides commented on the way I stored my play-doh for Word Work and thought it would be useful for the prep/kindergarten teachers so I thought I'd share it here too (wow, what a long sentence....). 

Basically, I just separate the homemade play-doh into individual sized portions and plop them in a paint palette. Simple. Stops arguments over who has the most play-doh and if you only put out the one color, it stops that argument too. I've found this a good alternative to the store bought play-doh containers, as my kids never put the lids on properly and the play-doh ended up drying out. 

To store, the kids just put it back in the Ziploc bag, seal it and put it back in the drawer with the play-doh mats (blank sheets of paper that were laminated for a window display last year!). 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! So easy, so simple, so obvious but I never thought of it! What a clever idea Kylie, off to pin it right now!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania! I just thought of it one day and have really liked the way it's worked since!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I teach preschool and will be making lots of homemade doh this year! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This idea would work great in a preschool! Thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  3. That's a great idea for play-doh storage. Thanks for sharing.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will seriously make my life SO MUCH EASIER!! Thanks so much for this wonderful idea. My kids are always arguing over people 'hogging' the playdough haha

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - the simplest are often the best!!
    I'm an aussie art teacher, from the sunshine coast qld
    I've just found your blog and will be following with bloglovin...
    :)Elizabeth
    paintersofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacher is not only to teach the subjects that are the parts of syllabus like science and technology and bestessays discount code and maths but teacher is a person who need to train his or her student morally and socially also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...