Monday, October 03, 2011

Art Exhibition

Can I admit that I did absolutely NOTHING school related over the last week of my spring holidays?! Not even a blog post!! Usually I go to school, take down the old decorations and art, put up new themed stuff, do a big tidy up of my room, generally get organised etc. I make sure I file all the old unit stuff and do heaps of planning for the coming term. These holidays? Absolutely zip, nothing, nada!!

I was so relieved to see the end of Term 3, that I just could not face more work over my holidays! It does mean that I have some end of term assessments still to mark, and quite a  bit of planning to do, but hey, at least I had one really good week off!

At the end of last term we had an art exhibition showcasing some of the art we had completed over the term. This included included straight line cold colour paintings, wavy line warm colour paintings, pastel still-lifes of flower vases, sketch self-portraits, leaf printing, Aboriginal symbol paintings and other small pieces.






Also, a BIG thank you to Mrs S. at Stapler's Strategies.... for Sizzling Second Graders  and Keri at Teach Play Smile for also nominating me for the Versatile Blog Award. Be sure to check out their blogs if you haven't already! See my blog post for a list of blogs I've nominated to receive the award!