Saturday, August 13, 2011

What have I bought?

I've never been to Ikea... that is until I saw these cute photo frames over at Mrs Morris' Simply 2nd Resources blog. Click on the photo to go check out some of her other awesome classroom photos.
She said she got them Ikea so I looked them up and was happy to see that they were sold here in Australia too! And they were only $2! So I headed out there today and even though it's only about 10mins away I've never needed to go in. OH. MY. GOD. What have I been missing! There is so much stuff there! I'm definitely going back. After seeing Ikea I feel like re-decorating my whole house! 

So I'm going to steel her idea and make up some of these frames with some inspirational quotes to pop around my classroom - all Pinterest inspired of course. While I was there I also bought this warm colours wall hanger organiser thing. Don't know what I am going to do with it yet but it was only $7 so I picked one up. Under the frames are the must have clear pockets and laminating sheets. 
 
I also popped into Bunnings Warehouse and picked up this 20 drawer organiser. I'm going to use it for word family tiles like the one at Mrs Bond's Fantastic First Grade website. Click on either photo to check out her website.


I've recently bought 3 of these too. I've two of the 10 drawer ones and 1 of the 5 drawer. This one I've still got to put together.


Anywho, that's my shopping for the day (not countng the Ikea things I bought for home.... it is very easy to spend a lot of money there!).

4 comments:

  1. What? I was just in Ikea and missed those frames?? It takes an act of Congress to get my hubs in there. He hates Ikea! It is kind of like a crazy maze when you're actually ready to leave, but I could hang around in there all day. Now I have to plan a secret trip back there...soon!

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love Ijea! Glad you discovered it! Great finds!
    Cyndy
    Counting with Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous buys!! We moved to country NSW 7 years ago and our nearest IKEA is a 6 hour drive away...:( I LOVE IKEA!! I also love your word family drawers, and they have just built a Bunnings here, yippee!! Thanks for sharing some wonderful classroom ideas, I will be bookmarking them for the day I get my own class!! Happy Sunday:)
    Tina
    Good Morning Mrs Rubie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ladies! I'm loving teaching blogs and pinterest - so many great and inspirational ideas! I really can't wait until NEXT year when I'll TOTALLY makeover my classroom! In the meantime, I love doing this mini-projects!

    Tina - It's too bad Ikea is so far away! When I head out there again (probably in a few weeks) I can pick some up and post them to you if you like! Just email me if you want.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...